Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Recently on the way home my bmw 530d E60 series starting to

Recently on the way home my bmw 530d E60 series starting to make a screetching sound, acceleration remained normal but also noted that some blueish grey smoke was appearing. The harder I pressed the accelerator the more I would see smoke. When I got home I looked at the exhaust which remained clean but did not a reasonable amount of condensation on the floor. Any thoughts?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
where on the car does the screeching sound come from?
where does the smoke come from? the tail pipe?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuel/exhaust fumes come into the car, the smoke is only from the tailpipe. The screeching sounds appear to come from the turbo area?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
common things that might cause this would be a turbo failure, crankcase ventilation system failure, or exhaust leak of some kind
this is a critical issue, you should not drive the vehicle until this is repaired at a qualified BMW garage
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Steve, these are similar answers to those I have already received and gives me additional confidence in going forward to a decent garage who I hope will be able to deal with quickly and reasonably cheaply. Regards, ***** *****