Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a bmw 5 series 2 litre diesel i have been having intermitant

Customer Question

i have a bmw 5 series 2 litre diesel i have been having intermitant problems on the center consol electrical systems . The radio parking sensors and display screen all seem to be conected . The problem was on off but now there dos,nt seem to be any power to these systems , i was wondering if they are controled by a relay or switch that has failed
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What is the last 7 digits of the vin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
c398974
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
all of these systems are interconnected.
when the system stops working, usually it indicates than one of the various control computers on the system has failed.
usually the most common one that fails is the bluetooh/phone module but it can be others.
in order to verify the cause you will need to have the car scanned with a bmw scan tool to verify the cause
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle