Roger
Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I have just bought a 2012 F30. When I program the clock on

I have just bought a 2012 F30. When I program the clock on the Idrive, i.e. 1630 hours, it will not change from this time. When i leave the car and return, when I start it, the time will have moved on by 1 minute, but will still stay at that time.
Does anyone know how to fix this please? Thanks.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hello,The time functions on your vehicle are integrated into the instrument cluster. This sounds like an internal glitch. The first thing to try will be to perform a battery reset as shown in my video.This is done on a 3 series.https://youtu.be/l-bQI016JQsThis procedure may allow the cluster to reset and start to work correctly. If not the next step would be to have the vehicle programmed by BMW. This often can fix some odd glitches like this.If that does not work then the instrument cluster will need replacement.I hope this is helpful. Please remember to provide positive feedback for my help today as this is the only way I receive credit for helping.Thank you.Best Regards,Roger