Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have fitted a new battery in my car . The amber battery

I have fitted a new battery in my car .
The amber battery warning light is still on even though the new battery is good and the alternator is charging properly .
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What is the voltage when measured with a meter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was close to maximum . I dont have the reading. A technician at Halfords checked it .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ,
Were you in position to progress the query ?
Stephen Mackey
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
the battery warning light is only triggered by low voltage so I would have them check it again very carefully
the only other reason the light would stay on with proper voltage would be an issue with the battery sensor or instrument cluster fault
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your reply
Stephen Mackey