Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

On the 27th November 2015 I leased a Mini Convertible One.

Customer Question

On the 27th November 2015 I leased a Mini Convertible One. On the 18th December the clutch failed. The company hired me another car almost immediately - no problems and good experience with them. . My Mini was returned on the 29th January. Verdict - clutch burnt out. Told it was not a manufacturing fault. Then told that a Mini Convertible was a different driving experience - implied my fault but not openly said. Clutch replaced without charge but made to feel they were doing me a favour.
Further questioning with the company discovered that any future problem would be chargeable to me - £3,000. Told by member of the company that it was not an unusual problem!
I have arranged to see a technician to, hopefully, explain this new driving experience(?)
Wednesday 6th January.
I have driven since 1952, ambulances, lorries, classic cars and various modern cars over the years both manual and automatic and never had a clutch problem.
My feelings are that I should have been advised that it was a new driving experience and shown/told about this. Also why is such a company, such as BMW selling a car with a known tendency to have clutch burn out without telling the customer.
As I am leasing the car for four years I do not own the car. Although I like the car very much I do not like the prospect of large bills in the future. Would like advice before I see the technician on my consumer rights should I not be happy about the outcome on Wednesday morning.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hi
can you please clarify what your question is about this? I am not sure what information or answer you are seeking?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hello?
what is the question you would like answered?