Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My bmw 4 series convertible is leaking . The ingression is

Customer Question

My bmw 4 series convertible is leaking .
The ingression is sitting in the near side of the boot ,the carpet on the near side wheel arch is very wet , also it sounds as if water is sloshing about when I'm braking or parking . Bow say they have water tested it and there is no fault .yet they cannot explain how the water got there !
Help
Ali Murray
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hello
what kind of help are you seeking with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know water is getting in and where it is evident ie on the near side wheel arch then into the area at the base of the boot where the amp sits . Bmw deny the evidence of the ingress ion so how do I persuade them I'm right where could the leak be coming from . Boot seal ? Roof mechanism ?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
the likely leak point in the roof, but the boot seal is also possible.
since the main dealer isn't helping, the best approach in this case will be to get BMW customer service involved and ask them to send out the field engineer / regional technical manager from head office to become involved in your case.
you can contact them at 0370(###) ###-####
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
if there are no additional questions, as the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating