Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Guys. I have a 320d 2002 model . Suddenly.after years of

Customer Question

hi guys. I have a 320d 2002 model . Suddenly.after years of reliabe running, I have the ABS light showing, handbrake warning light showing alo g with no speedo or small fuel to miles indicator. I had the car on ramps to check out the exhaust, but cant imagine the fault occuring from that. Can you help please
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello what kind of help are you seeking? Did you want to know possible causes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
possible cause. It was fine until I restarted the car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help me steve?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
The problem is either a failure of the abs module or a wheel speed sensor. A fault scan with a BMW scan tool will confirm. The abs system is what provides speed info to the speedo and that system is failed taking abs offline and the speedo as well.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks Steve. Where would I find this wheel speed sensor?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
there is one at each wheel
the rear left is the one that primarily provides speedo input