Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Just been told my less than 4 year old 17000 mile z4 35is needs

just been told my less than 4 year old 17000 mile z4 35is needs a new water pump for £1100. should i have to pay or should bmw
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Has your warranty expired?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry meant it has no warranty
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
if the vehicle is out of warranty then the repair cost is your responsibility. BMW only has liability for repair cost while the vehicle is in warranty - this is very cut and dry.
perhaps if you ask BMW / your dealer for goodwill coverage, they may consider covering all or part of the cost for you, but this is entirely up to their discretion
sorry if you were hoping or a different answer, I trust that my complete and honest answer is appreciated. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.