Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

The message" breake system fault" shown on my bmw(###) ###-####

hi, the message" breake system fault" shown on my bmw(###) ###-####screen and dynamic drive icon is amber. could you tell me what could be an issue please?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
This is due to a fault with the control computer for the system or one of the sensors that feed data to the system such as the steering angle sensor or a wheel speed sensor
To verify the underlying trigger of the warning, you will need to have the computer fault logs scanned from the car using a BMW diagnostic computer
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.