Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Steve got a prob with my(###) ###-####BMW when I put the key in the cartridge and press th

Customer Question

Hi steve got a prob with my(###) ###-####BMW when I put the key in the cartridge and press the strat button it does not crank I get the take to garage sign on dash but if I take key out the steering lock don't come on I kept on playing around pushing key in and out and it started got it home and turned it off and it's doing the same as before can you help
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hi,
what kind of help are you seeking with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know what the problem is?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
the problem is most likely a bad steering lock, CAS (car access system) fault, bad key or failed starter.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.