Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Mini one 57 reg automatic spluttering when driving also key

Customer Question

Mini one 57 reg automatic spluttering when driving also key fob intermittently doesn't recognise until wiggle it or slam door please help as don't want to break down as drive to and from work each day
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I submitted this question more than 24 hours ago and still don't have an answer please update me
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really still need an answer but how long will it be as the charge was for an answer within 1 day
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello if the car is spluttering and the ignition / security is also being lost then I'd say its possibly a faulty ignition switch ?the security module is built into the switch where it recognizes the key to disarm the security so if this was faulty it could cut power to the ECU? 1st check the condition of the ECU fuses though as a cracked fuse can also behave like this if this is OK then I'd say its time to visit the dealer to get a new key fob / ignition switch sadly these parts can only be coded by the dealership and not independents
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both keys are doing the same so can't be the problem