Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2009 325i convertible that I purchased in December.

Customer Question

I have a 2009 325i convertible that I purchased in December. It had a professional radio with blue toothe. The cd didn't work and the led screen was cracked so the car sales people said that they would replace it. They replaced it finally two weeks ago. The radio works. The cd works. The phone works. The problem is that when I put usb stick in its socket the radio cuts off. So they told me to get a y cable from bmw so I did. Now when I go to use it I select iPod an the radio cuts out. The radio came out of a 2010 model and I had lost confidence with these people can u help
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What kind of help are you seeking with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hav u any idea y it's doing this someone said it may need software update or its lci wat ever that means what ever happened to a good old fashioned sterio
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
all of the entertainment functions on this car are run by computers
your issue could be related to programming, and it could be that the replacement module was not compatible with all of the functions on your vehicle
the next step in either event will require the car be connected to a programming / diagnostic computer at a main dealer
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle