Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Having taken off the hardtop on my E36 BMW I cannot now get

Customer Question

Having taken off the hardtop on my E36 BMW I cannot now get the electric hood to operate. Any ideas?. Many Thanks, ***** *****
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what diagnostics have been carried out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No diagnostics have been carried out as I do not possess the required plug in equipment.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
unfortunately the plug in equipment is required to connect and identify the cause of the issue. There is no way to manually trouble shoot this roof.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle