Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Parked my 2013 118d 1 series on a steep grass verge last night.

parked my 2013 118d 1 series on a steep grass verge last night. returned this morning the stability warning has appeared on the screen. can you advise please
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Have any diagnostics been carried out ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just thought it might be because it was parked on such a steep angle. Drives door at the lowest point probably 45° angle
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
It is not likely from being parked at an angle, the car is designed to be parked like that
You can try he following
1) turn steering wheel lock to lock several times while stationary win ignition on to try and reset the steering angle sensor
2) unhook the car battery for an hour
If these do not work then the system is faulted and will need to be scanned to determine the underlying cause - my hunch would be a steering angle sensor fault which may require replacement or re programming
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
If there are no additional questions please kindly click on a positive rating
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
As the question has been answered please kindly click on a positive rating