Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

There. I have a 64 plate 2014 7 series 730d m sport. I recently

Hi there. I have a 64 plate 2014 7 series 730d m sport. I recently had a service on it and a week after that, when the car was parked and locked, an alarm that sounds like a wagon reversing, was coming on. I had no idea what this was. Now, the "boot open" warning is coming on the display even though the boot is closed and locked. It comes on and off when driving. Now, locking the car at all via the fob is becoming hit and miss. The alarm still keeps going off. Can you help?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What kind of help are you seeking with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To see if you can think what the problem is
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
I think the problem is most likely an engine oil leak from the valve cover or timing cover.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle