Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2009 BMW 750Li - that has a vibration - which you can feel, a

Customer Question

I have a 2009 BMW 750Li - that has a vibration - which you can feel, and hear (not bad... but noticeable) that starts at about 47 mph. It is NOT tires/rims... i have balanced 3 times, rims straightened.. no difference. Tire shop put on a different set of tires/rims.. problem still there. can't figure out what it is.. if put the car in nuetral when happening.. it is still evident. doesn't go away - or seem to get much worse.. at speeds over 50...
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
from where do you feel the vibration?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's very hard to pinpoint... it's felt in the whole car.. You can hear it (more of a harmonic), as well as sense the vibration.. it's not in the steering per se.. i'd describe it like it's like You are driving on rough pavement. the car is smooth as butter to about 45-50mph... then it starts... it doesn't seem to get worse, or better, if you take it up to 90-100... but drop back below 45-50.. it seems to disappear. thinking it might be transmission... put it in nuetral to disengage while driving.. no difference..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
didn't know if transfer case would do that? isn't affected either by accelerating or braking...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tire shop said they looked at driveline... seems like it's straight, didn't think it would/could be that it's out of balance....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's maddening.. bought the car a couple months ago... love it outside of this vibration... a 7 series BMW shouldn't be doing this....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
car has no history of accidents... very straight, great shape
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on bimmerfest board.. find a number of cases of this type of problem... problem is.. no one ever seems to figure it out,... they just get frustrated and mad.. and sell the car after no "solution"....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still trying to figure this out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If this is all the help i'm getting... i'd better not get charged $29!
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay in the Professional getting back to you, I will send him a message to see if he is still able to assist you.
If you would prefer for me to close your question please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
o would really like to find out the real issue here.... But I'm not excited to spend $29 if someone is just going to find any olé answer to give me!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please REFUND my $29. You guys never answered my question - but charged me $29!?Close this and refund my $. Totally disappointed in your "service".