Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Mate I was driving my 2010 320 msport 2day when the abs,brake

Customer Question

Hi mate I was driving my 2010 320 msport 2day when the abs,brake and engine light came on so I pulled over turned the engine off and tried to restart but the engine management light came back on and it wouldn't start everything else seems to be fine like lights air con wipers ect any advice would b great thanks
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What diagnostics have been carried out ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing as yet mate as it was this evening so all garages in area were closed so was just hoping 4 an idea of what it could be is all thanks 4 response
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
This would likely be a failure of electronic brittle control, fuel delivery or the general electrical system
The computer will need to be scanned as a first step in diagnosis
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Electronic brittle control? Could you explain what this is as never heard of it thanks
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to click on a positive rating
The car has an electronic throttle and drive by wire system - that is what I am referring to, a fault in this system
Please kindly select a positive rating