Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Bmw x3 , the 2 bulbs in the tailgate don't work . Checked

Customer Question

Bmw x3 , the 2 bulbs in the tailgate don't work . Checked fuses under hood and in glove box all are good bulbs look good but found no power leading to bulb wiring . Any thoughts ??? Checked the wiring at lift gate harness in rubber wiring harness . All seems ok .
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
The power to these wires comes directly from the lamp control module so the only possibility is the module Italy for wiring. Usually in hear cases it is the wiring so I would suggest a more thorough inspection. The next step after that would be a diagnostic of the lamp module on a BMW factory scan tool
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Steve thx for the response , all the other lites work fine including the led's only the small bulbs don't work I spent 2hrs in the lift gate and can't see any other wires other than in the lift gate and the harness coming out of the body in the rubber harness . Where is the LCMs located is there a way to test the bulbs com the LCM ( like tapping on it ) i own a modis can I demand it to work through the scanner ? Thx !!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Steve did u forget me , or are u busy with other clients ?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
sorry I was not notified of your reply. what is the last 7 digits of the vin of the car?