Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 330 i e92 3 series. Injector no 3 has and bmw

I have a 330 i e92 3 series. Injector no 3 has blown and bmw recommended i replace the complete injection system. I doddnt take there advice and within a week injector no 3 blew again.... So bmw replaced inder warrenty and again it blew. Does anyone think replacing all the over perfectly food injecrors will solve injector no 3 drom blowing
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
how exactly is the injector failing?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Only seems to fail from cold start..... If i leave the enfine just idleing than the engine management light comes on. If i get in the car and start it up from cold than drive it straight away than it seems to be fine once the car is warm
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
how has it been verified that the injector is the issue?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Its only what i have been told by the main dealer. Funnily my idrive system has recntly oacked in and seems to freeze since they replaced the injector last week as well and theottle response at the low end doesnt seem great on the vehicle
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.if the injector is in fact being verified as failing multiple times on the same cylinder then you should have the cylinder compression tested and assuming that is fine, replace the rest of the injection system. If there is some uncertainty about what is causing the warning light then further diagnostics should be carried out - there are multiple things other than the injector that could cause that cylinder to misfire.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thankyou very much and thats a great answer for now i will tell them that i want a compression test on the cylinder first its worth a try atleast and how do i click a posotive rating for you
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
you are welcome
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
there should be some stars or smiley faces you can click on - 3 or higher is positive
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience: BMW Expert