Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have ratlle sound at 1,2 and 3 gear the most,and other gears much less,changed oil fi

hi i have ratlle sound at 1,2 and 3 gear the most,and other gears much less,changed oil filters ,44000km ,sound is this but less quite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT46ELVKehA some say can be vanos or,valve timing gear,or synchros or disa?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What exactly was your question about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it something i mention or is it normal annoying sound from that motor i cant change?,it usualy hear at 2000rmp,i i want to not hear that sound.is it possible?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
it is something you mention. it is not a normal sound.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
it is hard to tell remotely but I would suspect a belt driven component as the cause or possibly vanos related. definitely have it checked by a BMW specialist garage.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry i forgot to tell,i changed bobinas and spark plugs,i put beru bobinas instead delphi,i read one guy solved problem with changing bobinas some upgraded type of bobinas?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I think that is very doubtful, but you should be running Delphi.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
unless the noise only started when you changed them, there is no reason to expect this is the cause.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no difference when i changed bobinas,that guy also changed vanos before,also i dont hear that sound until 10 min of driving,when motor heat up
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
exactly, there was no difference from the change, so there would be no difference changing them again, as I said. The noise, as far as I can tell from a phone video on youtube, sounds like vanos or something belt driven. the vehicle needs to be checked hands on with the aid of a mechanic's stethoscope to further diagnose.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i also changed accesory drive belt and two rollers,what is sthetoscope?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
like a doctor's stethoscope but fore a mechanic . it can be used to trace the source of the noise. http://www.medmogul.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Use-this-Classic-SE-II-Stethoscope-image.jpg
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok than first sthetoscope than maybe change of vanos valve.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
yes, the car needs to be diagnosed properly by a trained BMW tech who is hands on. Based on the findings, the next steps will be clear. As the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
as the question "is it something i mention or is it normal annoying sound from that motor i cant change?,it usualy hear at 2000rmp,i i want to not hear that sound.is it possible?" has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what you think about changing these parts as my car is 6 years old but only 46000km ?http://www.bavauto.com/Assets/inst_pages/e90mc.pdf
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hi, that would be a new question, I would be happy to answer it, please post it to me via this link: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/profile.aspx?PF=26942375&FID=12206
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi i was i service,they dont have stetoscope and they told me that it can be injectors but not 100% sure,he said its not vanos?