Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a bmw 1999 2.5 coupe. The constant rain two days

Hi I have a bmw 1999 2.5 coupe. The constant rain two days ago I drove through a flooded road which was pretty deep outside silver street train station. Since then the car has been smoking a lot and the revs seem to miss fire after running smoothly and lots of power. When I check under the bonnet the smoke seems to be coming from the exhaust near the middle of the car. It comes through the air vents as well. Can you fix
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hi, you are looking for somebody to fix your car? this is a question and answer website...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant to fix the problem meaning what could be causing the problem
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.it sounds as though you definitely have an exhaust leak - this will definitely need to be traced with the vehicle in the air and fixed when the source is identified.you may also have water in the oil or engine, or air filter, so this will also need to be checked, and you also will want to be sure there is no water in the electronics box.Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you give an idea of what the problem could be
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience: BMW Expert