Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

1992 M5 LHD Drivers side electric window not raising . How do I get the door panel off to

1992 M5 LHD Drivers side electric window not raising . How do I get the door panel off to check it out. the window went down OK but will not raise . I can hear the relay and so I want to get the door trim off to inspect but although the clips have come out all round the panel it seems to be held on at the door armrest /door handle
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what is the last 7 digits of the vin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GD 55314
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
is it the front or rear drivers side window?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the front door - the drivers door --- it is a left hand drive but I do not think that will affect the door panel fastenings
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
there are a few screws that need to be removed, then you can just pry the panel off. here is a link that shows the process: http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Maintenance/Body/DoorRemoval.htm
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
this image also helps: http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Maintenance/Interior/Data/door.jpg
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you...