Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW 520d se year 2009. Could you please help me. Just bought

BMW 520d se year 2009.
Could you please help me. Just bought this car and there is a problem when I accelerate the car over revs then shoots forward. the car is an automatic . Have you any idea what it is. Thank you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hello, is the problem that the car revs up but that the power isn't making it to the wheels?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE CAR REVS TO 4000RPM AND THEN IT SEEMS TO ENGAGE THE HIGHER GEAR AND SHOOTS FORWARD.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
thank you for confirming. This suggests a transmission problem most likely.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
it could be as simple as low fluid or a software/adaptation issue
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
but it could also be an internal fluid leak or restriction, or issue with the valve body
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
you will need to have the fluid level checked and a proper diagnostic run on the transmission to verify the cause
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.