Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Car wouldn't start had a clicking noise when trying to start

Car wouldn't start had a clicking noise when trying to start it, tried jump start no luck.
Went back to car after 5 min no lights on dash board nothing
Gordon
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hi, what was your question about this? did you want to know possible causes? what has been checked so far? what model of BMW is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Steve , tried starting my z4 all I had was a clicking noise from the engine, I thought the battery may be a bit flat so tried jump starting it no luck then everything died on me no lights on the dash or anything
Gordon
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
so now there is no electrical power?
what model is the car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No power completely dead the car is a Z4 2005 reg convertable
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked..if you have zero electrical power in the car then this is a power delivery failure.common casues would be a bad battery cable/connection, melting at the fuse box or a failed battery unitPlease let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the fuse box on a Z4