Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Car wouldn't start had a clicking noise when trying to start

Car wouldn't start had a clicking noise when trying to start it, tried jump start no luck.
Went back to car after 5 min no lights on dash board nothing
Gordon
hi, what was your question about this? did you want to know possible causes? what has been checked so far? what model of BMW is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Steve , tried starting my z4 all I had was a clicking noise from the engine, I thought the battery may be a bit flat so tried jump starting it no luck then everything died on me no lights on the dash or anything
Gordon
so now there is no electrical power?
what model is the car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No power completely dead the car is a Z4 2005 reg convertable
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked..if you have zero electrical power in the car then this is a power delivery failure.common casues would be a bad battery cable/connection, melting at the fuse box or a failed battery unitPlease let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the fuse box on a Z4