Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I'm looking at a PETROL 2004 BMW Series 5 2.5ltr Touring with

I'm looking at a PETROL 2004 BMW Series 5 2.5ltr Touring with 116,000miles on the clock.
advertised as in good condition with FSH. With a stack of excellent photos backing up the 'good condition' description.
What should I be looking for on this model:
1) What are the weaknesses if any.
2) Is this car expensive to maintain. It has FULL SERVICE HISTORY.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what type of transmission does the car have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its an automatic petrol
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked..thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.with 116,000 on the clock you will be looking at needing a new cooling system soon (water pump, thermostat, hoses), as well as new suspension components as well. This is in addition to things like brakes are tyres that may or may not be in need of replacement..other weak spots to watch out for are the auto transmissions as they are usually never serviced and can start acting up around 120,000 miles. Also the crankcase ventilation system is a weak spot on this car..unless the car has already had a number of the repairs I mentioned above, and recently, I would pass....Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.