Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have lost my car keys, I have the skeleton key plus an additional

Customer Question

I have lost my car keys, I have the skeleton key plus an additional key which does not appear to be charging as I drive . Please advise if I can have my additional key charged or do I have to buy a new key.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What year and model is your car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 series auto I think the year is 2006
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
are you able to post a picture of the keys you are currently using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no . its a black plastic case 6 cm long ,3.5 cm wide it has the BMW logo in the centre with 2 chrome inserts one with an arrow pointing down this opens the doors and starts up the car the other has the sigh implying it opens the boot
5
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked..thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.you have asked "Please advise if I can have my additional key charged or do I have to buy a new key. ".the answer is that it needs to be replaced as it is sealed and the batteries are not intended to be replaced..Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.