Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

3.30i auto. 52 plate. ! After a journey of about 100 mile

3.30i auto. 52 plate.
Hi! After a journey of about 100 mile I am getting a knock and jerk from the gearing when coming to a standstill and it's going down into 1st and again when putting into reverse. It's only after a long drive. Many thanks. Derek B.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hi, what question did you have about this? did you want to know possible causes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Surely
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
This type of issue is commonly caused by low fluid, a software/adaptation fault or a valve body fault
You will need to have the fluid checked, software level verified and faults read from the valve body to verify the cause. You will need to use a main dealer or BMW specialist garage for this work as others will not have he equipment required to diagnose the issue
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that - I can now take it to my BMW specialist with some knowledge of possibly common reasons.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the communication, Steve - it is booked in This coming Tuesday for investigation (using your diagnosis) will give report afterwards. Derek B.