Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Ok I have a BMW E30, that is "bogging down" and loosing powe

Customer Question

Ok I have a BMW E30, that is "bogging down" and loosing power under breaking into some corners (not all). The plugs have been changed and it's improved it slightly but not completely, so changed the ht leads and coil which made it worse, so went back to just having changed the plugs. I think I've tried connections to most things and swapped bits over to check others, but still can't seem to identify the problem. Any expert suggestions?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello if its only doing it under braking then I'd suspect a problem with fuel supplyso I'd suggest replacing the fuel filter as the 1st step and then it could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank. If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could notbe running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you