Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have just got a 2005 318cl when i slow down from higher

hi i have just got a 2005 318cl when i slow down from higher speed it flicks the eml,engine management and battery light on for a second. do you have any ideas of what it could be
thanks
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
.
thank you for your attention to the rating requirement
this is a problem with either the alternator or its drive belt (or possibly another belt driven component impacting how the alternator is driven).
should be easy to diagnose by any bmw mechanic
..
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.