Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2005 e87 120d with 102k on the clock. My problem

Customer Question

I have a 2005 e87 120d with 102k on the clock. My problem started out with burning oil and producing a lot of smoke, I then lost power (I believe from the turbo) but when I drove it later on it was working (still burning oil and producing smoke though). This morning I replaced the crankcase breather but it has not changed anything and now when I Rev the car the turbo flutters and the engine nearly cuts out. The problem only started about a week ago and has just got worse.
I got through just over a litre of oil in 100 miles.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
do any warning lights come on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No warning have come on it are on now
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.thank you for your attention to the rating requirement this is a turbo issue, you will need to have yours replaced.Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.