Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Again I was asking regarding the keyfob.

Hi again I was asking for advice regarding the keyfob.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
what is the advice you would like about your keyfob? what is the issue?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've attached a file of originally worded question
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Even if you are on a subscription plan with multiple questions you must still select a positive rating to credit your expert although you will not be charged anything additional beyond your subscription rate to do so
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement
If the key will not initialize then he most likely it has simply been damaged from being opened. There keys are not designed to be opened and sometimes when they are forced open this can result
Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, i trust that my honesty and quick reply is appreciated
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK so assuming both keys are damaged where do I go for help in obtaining a replacement key/fob etc pls
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
The only place to get a replacement key that will actually start our car is a BMW dealer. You might be able to Frankenstein together the remote from a used key with the immobilizer chip from your key but I cannot speak o that process or advise it as an approach. As the question has been answered please kindly click on a positive rating.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The keyfob was working with all buttons 2begin with then just stopped locking the car (both other buttons were still working.) Before I opened it. What I'm asking is what reasons could it possible be for it to work part functions etc. Pls
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
The only reason for the key to work part functions is the one button on the key itself is bad. As he question has been answered please now select a positive rating .
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
As the question has been answered please kindly click on a positive rating
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
hello. I can see that you have rated my question with one star. This PUNISHES me for taking time out of my own weekend to answer your question. Was some part of your question not answered? As far as I can tell it was completely answered. if you require additional information, please reply. Otherwise, please change your rating to OK/3stars or higher to ensure I receive proper credit for my time and answer and am not PUNISHED for trying to help you.
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
your first question was "any advice". your second question was "What I'm asking is what reasons could it possible be for it to work part functions etc. Pls "
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
these have both been completely and accurately answered. I am sorry if were hoping for a different answered, but I can only give the honest answer. As such, please change your rating to OK/3stars or higher. thank you in advance.
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience: BMW Expert