Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My 2010 116i engine mngt light is on yellow...yet computer

My 2010 116i engine mngt light is on yellow...yet computer diagnostic test brings up no error codes. Any idea why the light is on? Thanks
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What light exactly is on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine management light and its yellow not red. The symbol looks like the shape of an engine.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
where was the car scanned by a computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Garage
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what kind of garage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Local garage with bmw diagnotic equipment
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked..thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.the reason this could be is simply a glitch with the diagnostic equipment used, or a glitch with the car's engine computer or instrument cluster..I would suggest unhooking the car battery for an hour to reboot all systems and then having the car scanned with a basic obd reader and a different BMW reader if the light is still on..It is not common but it does happen where a specific reader doesn't get a reading for some reason so I would try the above..if you still have no luck then an engine computer reprogramming would be the next step, followed by replacement..Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.