Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 1 series 116i M sport 2010. In January it was

I have a 1 series 116i M sport 2010. In January it was making a rattling noise and I took it to BMW dealer. The issue was a known fault and resulted in a complete strip down of the engine which thank fully BMW contributed £5k to, I paid £1k, otherwise it would have been unaffordable. It had to be done twice as the first time I had it back it rattled within 2 days. They had the car for nearly 3 months.
4 months later the engine light is back on so I have taken it back to the dealer. They now tell me its the fuel injectors and 4 need replacing at a cost of £1,186. They have also implied the oxygen detector might need replacing at another £600 but they wont know until they replace the fuel injectors.
I have no idea if they are being honest, if I really need this and why this had not been sorted 4 months ago. Should this not be part of the work already done? Any advice gratefully received...
Liz K
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
can you please confirm what your question is?
is it if this should have been taken care of before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just didn't expect to have another engine fault - the work has a 2 year warranty.
Also, someone told me they just say all injectors need replacing when it might only be one. Is that right?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked..thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.unfortunately injectors and an sensors are not related to the previous work, they are separate parts and would not be covered by any warranty on the previous work..as for replacing injectors, it could be that only one is bad, but it is generally good practice.Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. And the oxygen detector? Is that right that they cant tell if faulty before repairing the fuel injectors. Just seems to be one thing after another
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive ratingyes it is true that they may not be able to verify 100% before making the other repairs. At least they are giving you notice in advance.Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating