Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Was driving car yesterday and abs D.Sc. Tpm light up after a

Customer Question

Hi was driving car yesterday and abs D.Sc. Tpm light up after a while all lights went out but intermittently the dsc light flashes and when this happens there is a loss of power the night before I checked tyres did not reset Tpm as it did not ask for it I have had recently the starter motor and the battery and the auxiliary belts changed the car had a flat battery one morn and had to call green flag hense the reason for new battery could you tell me what the problem is thanks jo
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
Do any of the other lights come on now or just the dsc?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just the dsc and it loses power when it comes on
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

DSC is the traction control system on the car.

.

if the light is flashing and power is being lost, this means that DSC is sensing that the car is losing traction and cutting in to correct for it.

.

if the car is in fact not losing traction, then this means that there is a fault in the DSC system which is causing it either to erroneously detect slip when there is none, or cut in randomly.

.

there are many sensors which inform DSC and a control computer, so any of these items could be the cause. You will need to have the fault logs read from the vehicle and possibly the DSC systems monitored live with a BMW diagnostic tool to verify where the issue is arising. Most likely it would be a faulty wheel speed sensor or faulty control computer that would cause this.

.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve, BMW Expert
Experience: BMW Expert
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
thanks and good luck with your car