Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 07 318 coupe. When I put the key in nothing happens

I have a 07 318 coupe. When I put the key in nothing happens there is no power whatsoever. Doors won't lock or anything. Tried jumpstarting the car and still nothing any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Has anything been checked besides a jump start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nothing else
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
There are three things that can cause this commonly
One is a failure of he battery unit (the little plastic box on top of the battery)
Hr he next is melting or hot spot development at the fuse box
The third is a problem with the cas module which regulates powering up of various systems
It is also possible that you have a wiring or connection problem somewhere but that isn't common and is hard to speculate on. Most likely it is the fuse box or battery unit
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
If there are no additional questions please kindly click on a positive rating