Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2011 x6 50i Xdrive. Over the last few days we have

I have a 2011 x6 50i Xdrive. Over the last few days we have been experiencing a fault which shows the engine management light and the fault says that you may not experience full performance, please take to the workshop.
I went today's the was plugged in to the computer and the result was that the ECU that operates the traction control, suspension and abs was dead. I then had to leave and on my way home the power steering was heavy and warnings flashed up etc. The car was then left for a few hours and is now fine!!!??? So not sure if the dealer caused the problem?? And what to do next?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What are the exact faults logged?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know the exact fault code for the initial problem, but when they put the car on the diagnosis machine, they showed me that the ECU that controls traction control etc was not responding and the car when being driven home was basically telling me that I had no tc and the brake warning light was on . As I say after a couple of hours the car seemed to fix itself and no codes or faults are evident on the in car system
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The braking and safety systems were operating perfectly on the drive to the dealers
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for he the delay - what exactly did you want to know about this? What to do next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the dealers has asked me to bring the vehicle back to investigate the ECU issue, with a possible big bill, however I'm not convinced a problem exists as this all seamed to have happened as a result of there equipment being plugged into the car, and as I say it all seems fine now
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

if it is all fine now I would wait and see if the issue returns. if the issue does return then voltage and the drive belt should be checked first.

.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Steve I'll do that
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

you are welcome. please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating