Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2002 BMW 318i...she blows a bit of blue smoke when

I have a 2002 BMW 318i...she blows a bit of blue smoke when in traffic or ticking over...is this serious...also, how much oil does the engine hold?
Kevin
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what is the last 7 digits of the vin of the vehicle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What and where is the vin of the vehicle..?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
It is in the lower corner of the windscreen and it is on any associated paper work such as ownership registration insurance bill of sale, etc, etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FZ91380
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

even if you are on a subscription plan please remember that a positive rating must be left but that you will not be charged anything additional beyond your subscription rate to do so.

.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

this may or may not be serious. the common causes of oil burned would be a failed crankcase ventilation system, leaky valve seals or internal engine wear. If the issue is seals or wear, isn't really worth fixing on a vehicle this old so you should just live with it. It is not the catalytic converter so whoever told you that is not very familiar with this car. Oil change capacity is 4.25L

.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.