Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2007 bmw 520d m touring automatic gear box. it goes

Hi, I have a 2007 bmw 520d m touring automatic gear box. it goes from through 1 2 3 gears ok but from 3rd to 4th it seem to over rev at 50mph and take an age to change itself to 4th it gets to 4th and just looses all power and takes about 5 seconds to get up 10mph.
any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

there are several things that can cause this type of behvaior

.

the first would be a software or adaptations issue, so having the softweare updated and the adaptations cleared is a good idea.

.

the next would be a fluid issue, so the condition and level of fluid should be checked, and leaks checked for in the area of the transmission electrical connector

.

the next would be an issue with the mechatronics unit (the combined control computer and valve body inside the transmission)

.

finally it could also be an internal mechanical issue, this type of thing would typically necessitate a rebuild or replacement of the transmission.

.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what would you say is most likely or do u need a more in depth description ?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I would say most likely it is an internal mechanical issue or mechatronics issue, but hands on checks of everything will need to be carried out to verify. Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating