Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I had a look at a BMW X5 35d M 2009 I like to buy I had a

I had a look at a BMW X5 35d M 2009 I like to buy I had a test drive it felt solid to me the only thing I noticed it made a chuffed noise at the front when I drove over an uneven part off the road i bee told by the sales person they have airbags on the suspensions is that right and if so is that y there is a chudder and is it a expensive fix
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
Without hearing the noise myself I cannot say for certain if it is normal or not. Normally the vehicle is very quiet so this would give me pause. If there is an issue it will be an expensive fix, definitely expensive
I would suggest a) you test drive a similar vehicle and make the assessment for yourself as to whether or not the noise is normal and b) take any vehicle you are considering buying to an independent garage and pay for a pre purchase inspection before making any decisions
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.