Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

525d 2001 y reg After driving the car and stopping half an

525d 2001 y reg
After driving the car and stopping for Say half an hour come back to car and it will not start. The engine turns over but does not fire up.
The fuel is pumping out of fuel filter had that checked after calling RAC out. The battery is also new previous RAC call out. This problem is intermittent so does not always happen.
If we leave the car for an hour or so , so the engine has had Time to cool down it will fire up as normal.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GY30135
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

there are a number of things which can cause this. The injectors or a faulty temp sensor would be most likely, or an issue with the glow system.

.

in order to verify and avoid costly guess work, you will need to replicate this issue at a time when an actual BMW specific diagnostic tool can be connected to the car and proper diagnostics carried out. RAC do not have the equipment for this so you will need to use a BMW specialist garage if you would like to pinpoint the issue prior to replacing parts. This approach is strongly suggested.

.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.