Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 118i bmw. The engine management light comes on with

I have a 118i bmw. The engine management light comes on with a 2A67 fault DME: Valvetronic, internal fault can you please advise?
The car run fine with this light on but I am concerned.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

this would most likely be caused by a failing eccentric shaft sensor - it should be checked for oil contamination. another possibility could be a fault with the valvettronic actuator but the sensors are more likely to cause issues.
.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.