Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Why does my 630i (2005) car clock need resetting on a

Customer Question

Why does my 630i (2005) car clock need resetting on a regular basis - also, 'low battery' warning showing many times - along with the 'car service' warning (car on a ramp icon)
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.

There is a sensor on your car that monitors drainage from the battery overnight (there should be next to none). If there is drainage on the battery, or the battery is very low, then this sensor will reset all of the computer modules in the car (including the clock) in an attempt to stop the drain / save the battery.

.

So, if the clock is resetting, this would tend to indicate that there is an overnight draw on the car – either that or the battery is weak or the battery sensor is faulty (uncommon for the battery sensor to be faulty, but possible).

.

So, at this time, you can consider either replacing the battery (requires the car be reprogrammed after replacement so that the new battery is charged and monitored properly) or have further testing carried out to determine if there is a drain on the battery, and if so, what is the cause.

.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.