Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

1 series 118d, 2010. I have a dash warning light,

Customer Question

Good morning. 1 series 118d, 2010. I have a dash warning light, exclamation mark in a full circle and with brackets either side also. It's on the upper set of lights, not the digital ones for the computer. Also when I remove key a red car on a ramp bings up. Recently changed pads and discs. Any help will be greatly appreciated as this has just failed an MOT because of this lamp even tho the guy admitted he could not find anything wrong. Many thanks, Stu.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
This is the brake pad warning you need to replace the brake pad sensor (one time use only) then follow the reset procedure that can be found on YouTube
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. So to clarify each time I change the pads the sensor must be changed? And is the only 1 front and 1 rear? I can't recall where they were when I changed the brakes a couple months ago.
Cheers
Stu
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Correct the sensors need to be changed every time they are tripped. There is one front and one rear