Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My 330ci automatic is stuck in reverse gear How can I fix

My 330ci automatic is stuck in reverse gear How can I fix it?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

you will need to raise the vehicle to first check and make sure that the shifter or shift linkage is not binding up

assuming it is not, then the transmission will need to be opened and likely fully rebuilt, which is unfortunately a professional only job.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

hello, I can see that you have given me a low rating - this PUNISHES me for taking time out of my day to answer the question that you asked honestly and accurately. I am sorry if you were hoping for an easier answer but this is beyond my control. Please let me know if some part of your question was not answered. Otherwise, please change your rating to 3stars/OK or higher to ensure I receive proper credit for my time and answer out of the funds which you have already paid. thank you in advance.