Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a intermittent problem with the ignition on my 750i.

I have a intermittent problem with the ignition on my 750i. Some days it starts then engine warning light come on and then its miss firing I can then come back to it the next day and its fine. Ive had the ignition packs done on it, can anybody suggest any known faults like that.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what is the last 7 digits of the vin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CW13473
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

what faults are logged in the car's computer fault memory when the engine warning light comes on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ignition fault
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

what code exactly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

the only common thing that causes this on this model is an issue with the intermediate levers or an issue with an eccentric shaft sensor so one of these would be my suspicions

.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know how much though's parts are.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

an intermediate level job would run probably £2500. An eccentric shaft sensor about £400 As the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating