Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I had my rockercover gasket changed now everytime i brake

Customer Question

hi i had my rockercover gasket changed now everytime i brake ther is a rattling sound coming up..it an automatic car when i put it in park or neutral its ok but wen i put it in drive with my foot on breaks the noise comes up
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
text me cant answer phone at work now
thanks
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Where does the rattling sound come from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sounds like its coming from the timing beltbut not sure
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.

it is possible that the timing chain is rattling, it is common. also could be a belt driven component

.

I would recommend having the noise traced with a mechanic's stethoscope as this will be the only way to verify the exact cause

.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.