Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Can you see the information I added..

Can you see the information I added .
.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

is it this: Hi Steve, just had major service done.oil, plugs, filters etc and new air con belt fitted as well as new air filter pipe and new air mass meter, got the car back and now after a few miles tha red oil light,red battery light and yellow eml light come on and the engine cuts out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the garage is trying to tell me it's something to do with the auto gearbox,but none of this was happening before I put it in for the service
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

even if you are on a subscription plan with multiple questions you must still select a positive rating although you will not be charged anything additional beyond your subscription rate.

Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

no, this has nothing to do with the gearbox.

the oil light means that oil pressure is low or there is a problem with the oil pressure sensor.

.

the battery light means that the alternator is not charging because it is faulty, the drive belt is off, or the battery is bad.

.

the eml light means that there is a problem with electronic throttle control, although this may or may not be related to the alternator issue.

.

the engine cutting out can be for many reasons - failing fuel pump, failing engine sensor, etc.

.

again, this is nothing to do with the gearbox. I would strongly suggest you take the vehicle to another garage for proper diagnosis and repair.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.