Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I would still like to ask my original question again which

I would still like to ask my original question again which is, I have a bmw 325ti compact on a 51 plate. It has an intermittent fault on ignition where, when it starts up instantly it runs beautifully but, after let's say 4 or 5 starts later, it will take longer to start on turning the key. The result of this is sluggish acceleration as if it's not firing on all cylinders. The engine note is different- a sort of burbling noise. There are no warning lights that show on the dash when this occurs.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

this points to a fuel delivery issue - based on what has been described it would most likely be due to a failing fuel pump or leaking fuel injectors. what needs to be done is a fuel pressure test where it is monitored as the issue develops.
.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.