Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a loud knock and squeak coming from the right front

Hi, i have a loud knock and squeak coming from the right front suspension when going over small bumps ie cats eyes , drains . My car is a 2013 f31 320d msport , i am a Audi master tech and have tested the front suspension but the only thing i can find is there is slight play in the stearing arm on this side. Is there bmw fix for this issue
Category: BMW
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

I'd say its most likely to be a worn strut top bearing

To feel if there's a worn strut top bearing then lightly hold the spring by hand and have your assistant move the steering from left to right with the wheel on the ground - a worn bearing will feel 'notchy' through the spring. The wheel needs to be on the ground for the test to load up the bearing

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you