Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My BMW 2 litre deisel late 2007 has suddenly developed a

My BMW 2 litre deisel late 2007 has suddenly developed a strange loss of power as revs climb, under accelletion, normally about 3000rpm or so. I wondered if that might be high pressure turbo ?
I don't notice the problem when I drive nice and easy.
Ta
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.
most likely this would be a turbo issue, yes.
.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Steve, thanks for your answer, the car has done 170,000 miles and my next question is of course is it worth repairing ?
If I leave the issue unaddressed with this cause a lot of other things to fail ?
My thinking is if I can keep it cruising for another 9 months, then I can afford to replace it.
What is the rough cost for replacing a turbo ?
Thank you, Chris
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
You are looking at approximately two grand for a turbo replacement. Yes it is worth repairing. No you can't keep driving like this as it will put undue strain on the engine and lead to premature wear. As the question has been answered please kindly click on a. Positive rating